Fathers Forward Program(FFP)
Under the umbrella of the Greater Harlem Healthy Start, the Fathers Forward Program has been created to engage fathers and encourage their increased involvement in their children’s lives. In line with the National Fatherhood Initiative: our vision is to ensure that every child grows up with an involved, responsible and committed father. The Fathers Forward support and advocacy services include:
- Fatherhood & Parenting Workshops comprised of a curriculum focused on effective parenting techniques and practices
- Weekly meetings with qualified guest co-facilitators of various topics such as men’s health, self-improvement, computer literacy, personal finance, resume & interview preparation
- Job readiness and career advancement events, legal F.Y.I.'s
- Men's wellness, developmental exercises
- One-to-One support: referrals provided for additional services, if needed
Eligibility: Any father, or expecting father whose spouse/ partner is enrolled in the Greater Harlem Healthy Start program. Also, any father with an infant under 17 months old.
Service Areas/Zip Codes: Healthy Harlem Start Fathers Forward program serves the East, Central and West Harlem areas within zip codes 10026, 10027, 10029, 10030, 10035, 10037, and 10039.