As an organization, NMPP champions breastfeeding. Therefore, any breastfeeding mother in our service area, regardless of whether she is enrolled in an NMPP program, can access our lactation lounge.
Lactation Lounge Hours
Monday - Friday: 9:30AM - 4:30PM
Why You Should Breastfeed Your Baby
- Breast milk provides the perfect nutrition for infants.
- It has a nearly perfect mix of protein, vitamins, and fat.
- Breast milk contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria.
- Breastfeeding lowers your baby's risk of having asthma or allergies.
- Infants who are breastfed exclusively for the first 6 months, without any formula, have fewer ear infections, respiratory illnesses, and bouts of diarrhea.
- These infants also have fewer hospitalizations.
- Skin-to-skin touching, and eye contact all help your baby bond with you and feel secure.
- Breastfed infants are more likely to gain the right amount of weight as they grow rather than become overweight children.
Benefits for the Breastfeeding Mother
- Breastfeeding burns extra calories.
- It can help you lose pregnancy weight faster.
- It helps release the hormone oxytocin, which helps the uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size. Breastfeeding can help also lower your risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
Attaching your baby at the breast - English
Attaching your baby at the breast - Spanish
Attaching your baby at the breast - French