Volunteers play an important role in our ability to provide comprehensive services to families and their children. You can volunteer during business hours, Monday to Friday, between 9am-5pm. Depending on the project, you may choose to volunteer remotely.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
As a small nonprofit organization, we do not have the resources needed to fully address the ever-growing challenges our families and their children are facing. We invite individuals to share their professional expertise with NMPP. Opportunities can include, but are not limited to:
- Make a lasting contribution to our community by using your marketing, HR, or finance skills to help NMPP.
Research and Grant Writing
- To advance our mission, NMPP depends largely on grants issued by the government and foundations. Individuals with grant writing skills can assist us with researching proposals that align our work with the intended foundation’s work. Or you can write a proposal that has already been researched.
Special Events and Donor Appeal
- Individuals can volunteer to help with our fundraising events; make phone calls to donors; or assist with preparing invitations.
- Make a lasting contribution to our community by becoming a corporate partner with NMPP.
- You can host career mentorship programs for our mothers and fathers, or sponsor an event.
- Individuals can assist with clerical help for various administrative duties, including data entry, photocopying, filing, and other tasks as needed at our central office or the Northern Manhattan Head Start.
Pro Bono Legal Assistance
- An attorney or law student can assist NMPP in reviewing contracts, by-laws, Personnel Policy, and other legal tasks as needed. Attorneys and law students can conduct workshops on immigration issues for our families.
Child Care Activities
- You can make a lasting contribution to our community by helping young children develop successful lives. Provide educational enrichment activities for our preschoolers at our Head Start program, or our toddlers in our We Play program.
- NMPP takes pride in being a learning center for Social Work and Public Health Students. We invite undergraduate and graduate students of Social Work and Public Health to use NMPP for their fieldwork placement.
Other Ways to Support NMPP
Many companies in the United States will match your gift to NMPP. Please check with your company's human resources department to see if you have a Matching Gifts Program.
Host a Fundraiser
- Hosting a fundraiser for a cause that resonates with you is a powerful way to inspire others within your network to give and to spread the awareness of the work.
House Party for a Cause
- A simple way to support the work of NMPP is to host a house party. Your guests can donate any amount they prefer.
For information on how to assist us with these kinds of projects, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.